We combine care with education by following the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which means that our nursery staff carry out regular observations of every child, ensuring that their learning and development incorporates their interests and needs.
Observations allow the Key Person to log the activities of a child or group of children, much of it will be informal and will cover all areas of the EYFS, as well as recording special moments, like your child’s first steps, kindness towards others or even eating something for the first time. All of your child's experiences at nursery are recorded via iconnect which is linked for parents to view in real time through parent zone, enabling you to look over your child’s time at nursery for years to come.
The evidence collected from these observations is analysed regularly to make assessments of the children’s learning and development. Under the EYFS all practitioners working with children are required to use formative assessments and observations to support the children’s individual planning.
What Is ParentZone?
ParentZone is a smartphone app which gives you access to information about your child’s day at nursery at time which suits you best.
ParentZone increases your partnership with your child's Nursery by allowing two way communication.
You can download the ParentZone app on android and iOS devices just search the Apple App store or Google Play Store using the term ‘ParentZone’. Access can also be obtained through an internet browser, just visit www.parentzone.me.
How Safe Are My Details?
The system is secure and the information contained within this system will only be accessed by you and our nursery team – under no circumstances will the information, observations or photos be shared with anyone else.
Connection to iConnect and ParentZone is protected by industry standard SSL/TLS Certificates which ensure nobody can eavesdrop on your connection. You can rest assured; your data is super safe.
What Are The Benefits Of ParentZone?
There are many benefits to using ParentZone to view your child’s Learning Journal online....
- You can easily see your child’s daily activities like meals, sleep times and nappy changes
- You will be able to see a timeline of your child’s day at nursery, with photos, videos and notes on your child’s daily activities that are logged by your child’s Key Person during their time in nursery
- You can access the system from home or work, at any time you choose, as you will have a unique user name and password
- You will be able to add observations from home, which our staff teams can utilise in nursery
- You can be involved in your child’s assessments, and by adding comments and other important information that you would like nursery to be aware of you can enhance communication between home and nursery to benefit your child’s development
For more information, please speak to your child’s Key Person or Nursery Manager